(1) The Board shall meet at least once every three months for the despatch of business at the times and in the places determined by the chairperson.
(2) The chairperson shall preside at the meetings of the Board and in the absence of the chairperson, the members present shall elect one of their number to preside.
(3) The chairperson shall at the request in writing of not less than one-third of the membership of the Board, convene an extra-ordinary meeting of the Board at the place and the time determined by the chairperson.
(4) The quorum at a meeting of the Board is seven members of the Board.
(5) Matters before die Board shall be determined by consensus, but where this is not possible, shall be determined by a simple majority of the members present and voting and in the event of the equality of votes, the person presiding shall have a casting vote.
(6) The Board may co-opt a person to act as an adviser or to assist it at any of its meetings but a co-opted person is not entitled to vote on a matter before the Board.
(7) The proceedings of the Board shall not be invalidated by reason of a vacancy among the members or a defect in the appointment or qualification of a member.