(1) The District Assembly shall have a Presiding Member who shall be elected by the Assembly from among its members.
(2) The Presiding Member shall be elected by at least two-thirds majority of all the members of the Assembly.
(3) The Presiding Member shall -
(a) preside over the meetings of the Assembly; and
(b) perform such other functions as may be prescribed by law.
(4) Subject to clause (5) of this article, the term of office of the Presiding Member shall be two years and he shall be eligible for re-election.
(5) The Presiding Member shall cease to hold office whenever the Assembly by a majority of at least two-thirds of all the members of the Assembly vote to remove him from office.