(1) Parliament may, by are solution supported by the votes of a majority of all the members of Parliament, authorize the Government to enter into an agreement for the granting of a loan out of any public fund or public account.
(2) An agreement entered into under clause (1) of this article shall be laid before Parliament and shall not come into operation unless it is approved by a resolution of Parliament.
(3) No loan shall be raised by the Government on behalf of itself or any other public institution or authority otherwise than by or under the authority of an Act of Parliament.
(4) An Act of Parliament enacted in accordance with clause (3) of this article shall provide -
(a) that the terms and conditions of a loan shall be laid before Parliament and shall not come into operation unless they have been approved by a resolution of Parliament; and
(b) that any moneys received in respect of that loan shall be paid into the Consolidated Fund and form part of that Fund or into some other public fund of Ghana either existing or created for the purposes of the loan.
(5) This article shall, with the necessary modifications by Parliament, apply to an international business or economic transaction to which the Government is a party as it applies to a loan.
(6) For the purposes of this article, "loan" includes any moneys lent or given to or by the Government on condition of return or repayment, and any other form of borrowing or lending in respect of which -
(a) moneys from the Consolidated Fund or any other public fund may be used for payment or repayment; or
(b) moneys from any fund by whatever name called, established for the purposes of payment or repayment whether directly or indirectly, may be used for payment or repayment.
(7) The Minister responsible for finance shall, at such times as Parliament may determine, present to Parliament any information concerning any discrepancies relating to
(a) the granting of loans, their repayment and servicing;
(b) the payment into the Consolidated Fund or other public fund of moneys derived from loans raised on institutions outside Ghana.